Poems 3.20. - 7.20.

3.26.20.
Oh, there is a far Kingdom
It has not a tear, pain, grief
It holds no separated isolation
It is the place I will not regret belief
Oh, there is a far Kingdom
It is full of light, joy, peace
It holds a lovely awaited reunion
It is the place I will see my Savior’s face

For E
4.6.20.
I seem to lose everyday 
To myself, in every way
Because I strive for grace and love and peace
(But especially peace)
So why is it the only peace
I seem to see
Is the word written in The Word
In Philippians, Romans, Psalm 34:14
See,
I see myself as selfish, anxious, and harsh
So that must be what everyone else sees
But I wish they knew
The very truth
That I want to overflow with grace and love and peace
In all that I do

You think you lose everyday
To yourself, in every way
But you exhibit grace and love and peace
(Truly, each of the three)
How is it these three things
Flow from you so consistently
These three words in The Word
All throughout can be seen
See,
I see you as selfless, assured, and kind
So that’s what I hope you see
And I wish you knew
The very truth
That you overflow with grace and love and peace
In all that you do

For M
4.23.20.
I had busied myself
In a swirl of confetti
All the joy, busyness, and thrill
But now, with you You and me
I am learning to be still.

I have quieted myself
There is no more confetti
To throw in the air and dance around
Here now, with just you and me
And confetti on the ground.

As still as the confetti
That is no longer falling
Is how you've made my soul
As I sit and reflect
How you are consistently calling
Both them and me to Your Gospel.

5.4.20.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In all the blooming flowers
I have a thorn, too.

You could point out
All the daisies
Marigolds, tulips, pansies
Anything that has taken sprout
But its the thorn in my side
I only think about

It blinds me
Where I can't see
What I do have
A thousand flourishing blessings

And no matter how
Or when I ask
It isn't removed
It just seems to last

7.17.20. - continued from 5.4.20.
You give gifts and blessings
Talents and joys too
You have given me life
So that flowers can bloom

But may I only boast
In You
So the thorn in my side
Brings You glory, too

Comments

  1. Savannah,
    I meant to comment earlier, but these are beautiful. I resonate with these poems, and I particularly love the lyricism and the vulnerability in them. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this encouraging note! Unfortunately, the comment section is messed up, and I can't see who writes comments. Feel free to let me know who you are, haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts